It became once no longer the cleanest of performances for the 49ers coming off the 24-20 loss in opposition to the Arizona Cardinals. Offensively, the 49ers had plenty of sloppy plays and struggled to streak the ball downfield. San Francisco’s defense began off stable, however had no answer for quarterback Kyler Murray’s tempo within the second half of. Here are eight takeaways as the 49ers seek for to jump encourage on their avenue shuttle to the East Soar.
1. Raheem Mostert became once the vital member of the 49ers to search out the tip zone in 2020. On the vital play of the 49ers second force of the game, Jimmy Garoppolo connected with the running encourage for a 76-yard landing reception, the longest reception and score of his occupation.
Per Next Gen Stats, Mostert’s 76-yard score became once the quickest tempo reached by a ball carrier over the final three seasons.
Mostert led the crew with 95 yards receiving and a score to affiliate with 56 yards on the bottom.
2. For the bulk of the vital half of, San Francisco’s defensive position managed to maintain force on Murray. Nick Bosa, Javon Kinlaw and Solomon Thomas all notched quarterback pressures. Kinlaw also registered a inch terminate in opposition to Cardinals running encourage Kenyan Drake. The second-year quarterback found his footing within the second half of, as the 49ers struggled to have the mercurial QB. Murray led the Cardinals with 91 yards dashing, and executed the game with 230 yards thru the air, a score and an interception.
3. Newcomer Kerry Hyder Jr. notched the 49ers first sack of the season. Hyder Jr. became once signed by the crew on the inaugurate of free company by formula of the Dallas Cowboys. D.J. Jones became once also credited with a sack.
4. DeAndre Hopkins is, and is susceptible to continue to be a pain for the 49ers. Arizona’s original wideout place up 151 yards on 14 catches, including a massive open discontinuance to-landing. Richard Sherman shadowed DeAndre Hopkins one day of assorted aspects of the day – a brand original wrinkle for the 49ers cornerback who has primarily done on the left aspect of the discipline for the bulk of his 10-year occupation.
“I became once having fun with to the open aspect,” Sherman acknowledged. “Wherever there became once extra discipline, that is the aspect I became once having fun with to. That became once an adjustment that (49ers defensive coordinator Robert) Saleh made.”
5. The 49ers first takeaway of the season got right here on a tipped ball by Dre Greenlaw on the line of scrimmage on a streak supposed for large-open Cardinals tight quit Maxx Williams. The streak landed within the hands of Jaquiski Tartt, who returned the ball 16 yards to Arizona’s 26-yard line. Tartt’s interception marked his first since 2018, a snatch in opposition to passe Cardinals quarterback Josh Rosen in Week 8 of the favored season.
6. George Kittle left the game sooner than the half of with what a leg injury. The tight quit returned, alternatively, did no longer register a single reception within the second half of. Kittle executed the game with four receptions for 44 yards.
7. The 49ers scored their handiest crimson zone landing within the fourth quarter on a 5-yard streak to a massive-open Jerick McKinnon. San Francisco opened the force with a 41-yard bomb from Garoppolo to Kyle Juszczyk. A streak interference call three plays later moved the 49ers to the Cardinals 10 to attend procedure up the landing. That score marked McKinnon’s first landing since Dec. 3, 2017 with the Minnesota Vikings.
In his 49ers debut, McKinnon caught three receptions for 20 yards to affiliate along with his score, and tacked on one more 24 on the bottom.
8. Now not his most attention-grabbing time out, however Garoppolo executed the day, 19-of-33 passing for 259 yards and two touchdowns for a 103.0 passer score.
Richie James left the game within the second half of with a hamstring injury. No change but on the severity.
Jordan Reed made his 49ers debut, hauling in both of his targets for 12 yards.
Trent Williams can also merely bear gone viral along with his inch block in opposition to Cardinals linebacker Jordan Hicks. The left address sped off the line of scrimmage and hit the second level and obliterated the defender. Aged NFL guard Geoff Schwartz mercurial took perceive of the play, which has garnered over 1.2 million views (and counting).