These almond flour pancakes are full of protein and are naturally sweetened, making them a very healthful breakfast.
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup coconut milk (full-fat from the can)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- Mash the bananas in a mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs, coconut milk, and vanilla extract and whisk together.
- In a separate bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients and stir together.
- Pour the wet banana mixture into the bowl with the dry flour mixture and stir well to incorporate.
- Heat enough oil in a skillet to coat the bottom and heat to medium-high temperature.
- Measure ¼ cup of the banana pancake batter and pour it into the skillet.
- Cook until the sides of the pancake begin to firm up, about 2 minutes.
- Flip to the other side and cook another minute or two until pancake is cooked all the way through.
- Repeat with remaining batter!
- Serve with butter and agave nectar or pure maple syrup.