Chocolate pancakes inspired by black forest cake served with cherries and whipped cream.
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups cherries, pitted and halved
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1 tablespoon kirsch (optional)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix the milk, egg, butter and kirsch in another large bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and melt a touch of butter in it.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the mixture into the pan and cook until the surface starts to bubble and the bottom is golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the pancake and cook the other side until the bottom is golden brown, about 1-2 minutes. Repeat for the remaining batter.
- Meanwhile simmer the cherries, sugar, cornstarch and water over medium heat until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Whip the cream and sugar until it forms soft peaks.