This is the best ever gluten free pancake recipe! Buckwheat Oat Pancakes. Warm buttery fluffy pancakes, who doesn’t love them?
- 1 large egg
- 330ml (1? cup) almond milk (or any nut milk or soy milk)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 90g (1 cup) oat flour
- 90g (2/3 cup) tapioca starch
- 32g (1/3 cup) rice flour
- 20g (1/4 cup) buckwheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 30g unsalted butter – melted
- Pour almond milk in a small bowl, add in lemon juice. Leave it for at least 15 mins or until the milk curdles or separates.
- Meanwhile, prepare dry ingredients. Whisk oat flour, tapioca starch, rice flour, buckwheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl until well incorporated.
- Once the almond milk curdled, add in egg and honey into the milk and whisk.
- Pour almond milk mixture into dry ingredients, whisk well. Then add in melted butter and whisk until there’s no dry ingredients lumps.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat; lightly brush with oil. Pour slowly ¼ cup of the batter onto pan, holding the cup 2 inch above the pan surface. Cook until bottoms are browned and bubbles form on top of pancakes, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook another 1 minute until pan cakes are cooked through.
- Served warm with honey/butter/jam.