- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together all your dry ingredients
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients until the egg is broken up.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and add the chocolate chips. Gently stir until you stop seeing flour. Be careful not to overmix, that will make the batter tough. Leave a few lumps for tender pancakes.
- Place your a large non-stick pan over a medium-high flame and let the surface get hot. It's hot enough when you sprinkle a few droplets of water over the surface and they evaporate.
- Moisten a paper towel with vegetable oil and lightly wipe the bottom of the pan. This will keep the pancakes from sticking.
- For each pancake, gently pour 1/2 cup of batter into the pan, using a ladle or a measuring cup. Use the back of a spoon to spread the batter into a circle.
- Bubbles will form in the batter. When they begin to pop, the pancakes are ready to be flipped. Turn over gently with the spatula and cook for about one minute on the flip side.