These get a lift from allspice, too.
- 2 bunches Swiss chard, stems cut away, leaves rinsed, chopped
- 4 large eggs, beaten to blend
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup unsalted matzo meal
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons (about) olive oil
- lemon wedges
- Stir chard with any water still clinging to leaves in large pot over medium-high heat until just wilted but still green, about 3 minutes. Place in sieve; press out moisture. Cool completely.
- Combine eggs, onion, matzo meal, cinnamon, salt, allspice and pepper in medium bowl; blend well. Mix in chard.
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Place baking sheet in oven. Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in heavy medium skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, drop heaping 1 tablespoon Swiss chard mixture for each pancake into skillet; flatten to 1/2-inch thickness. Fry pancakes until golden brown and cooked through, adding more olive oil to skillet as necessary, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer pancakes to baking sheet in oven to keep warm after each batch. Serve pancakes warm with lemon wedges.