Dinner ready in 25 minutes. Enjoy this delicious pancake made with cornmeal and Bisquick® Original baking mix and topped with chili beans.
- 3/4 cup Original baking mix
- 1 can (15 to 16 ounces) chili beans in sauce, undrained
- 1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 egg
- Sliced green onions, if desired
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup Old El thick-and-chunky salsa
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- Sour cream, if desired
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- Spray nonstick skillet or griddle with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat or griddle to 375°. Beat baking mix, cornmeal, milk and egg in medium bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Stir in cheese.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto hot skillet. Cook until puffed and dry around edges. Turn; cook until golden brown.
- While pancakes are cooking, mix beans, salsa and corn in 2-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until heated through. Serve pancakes topped with bean mixture. Top with sour cream and onions.