When matzo meets kimchi pancakes: a love story.
- 1 sheet matzo, crushed into very fine pieces
- 3 tablespoons kimchi juice
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped drained kimchi
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons potato starch
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- Mix matzo and kimchi juice in a small bowl and let sit 8 minutes. Pour off excess liquid and mix in scallions, kimchi, onion, potato starch, salt, and sugar.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add half of batter to skillet and flatten into a thin pancake; cook until golden brown and crisp on both sides, about 4 minutes total. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with another 1 Tbsp. oil and remaining batter.