Cornmeal pancakes topped with seven layer dip including refried beans, pico de gallo, cheese, guacamole and sour cream, olives and green onions.
- 1 batch cornmeal pancakes, warm (see below)
- 1 cup refried beans, warm
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1 cup lettuce
- 1 cup cheese such as jack and cheddar, shredded
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives, drained
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Spread the refried beans on the pancakes, sprinkle on the pico de gallo, lettuce and cheese, throw on a dollop of guacamole and sour cream and garnish with black olives and green onions.
- Mix the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix the buttermilk, eggs and butter in another bowl.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients making sure to not over mix.
- Heat a pan and melt a touch of butter in it.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the mixture into the pan and heat until the surface starts to bubble and the bottom is golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the pancake and cook the other side until the bottom is golden brown, about 1-2 minutes.