- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted and cooked, plus more butter for the pan
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and grated
- In a large bowl mix the flour, sugars, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a measuring cup whisk the buttermilk, egg, and melted butter. Then stir it into the dry ingredients until completely smooth. Then fold in the grated pear.
- Warm a large pat of butter in a non-stick skillet over medium heat and swirl it to coat the bottom of the pan. Dollop the batter onto the skillet in ¼ cup increments. Cook until bubbles begin to show on top of the batter. Then flip the pancakes and cook the other until golden brown. Continue cooking the pancakes like this, adding more butter to the pan as needed, until all the batter is used up. Serve warm with maple syrup!