- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsps light brown sugar, packed
- maple syrup, to serve
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- chopped pecans, to serve
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups leftover mashed sweet potato, at room temperature
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, salt, sugar and nutmeg and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together milk, butter and eggs.
- Add contents of wet mixture to dry mixture and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in the mashed sweet potato.
- Heat a large, nonstick griddle or pan over medium heat and spread vegetable oil over surface to coat.
- Add batter in small batches, leaving room between them for spreading.
- When small bubbles form on the top, flip over and cook on the other side until golden brown — about 3 minutes.
- Serve warm with chopped pecans and maple syrup.