A combination of zucchini and buckwheat make these a delicious appetizer.
- 2-3 whole zucchini’s, shredded, 4 cups total
- ¼ cup red onion, shredded
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup of flour or buckwheat
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
- Using a thin dish towel, add the grated zucchini and red onion. Wring out all water until you have a very dry mixture.
- Combine the zucchini and red onion with the remaining ingredients (except oil for frying).
- Heat oil in frying pan until hot.
- Using a spoon, scoop small piles of mixture into the oil. Fry on each side until golden brown.
- Remove to a cooling rack lined with paper towels.
- Serve immediately with your favorite sauce.