Scampi is a famous dish in North Africa. It has other names as Dublin Bay Prawn in Iceland and Norway Lobster in Norway. The question: “What is Scampi?” has the correct answer is: Scampi is a large size shrimp, often caught in brackish or marine waters. Scampi is the favorite ingredient of many famous chefs, such as Jamie Oliver, Gordon Ramsey and Rachael Ray. You can cook a lot of delicious dishes from Scampi. The following article will introduce to you two well-known dishes that make mouthwatering: baked Scampi and shrimp scampi.
There are none recipe which is more popular and simpler than Shrimp Scampi recipe. This dish can be eaten with bread, pasta, rice, noodles or any kind of starch that you have.
Shrimp Scampi is a recipe created in the 1970s, which is the result of a mixture of Italian and American cuisine. To cook this dish, you only need to prepare six main ingredients including shrimp, pasta, butter, garlic, celery and wine. After thirty minutes of cooking, you can enjoy the most delicious plate of noodles in the world. One important thing to keep in mind before eating Shrimp Scampi is not to forget to sprinkle some chili to increase the spicy and lemonade to create a sour taste.
Based on an article in the New York Times newspaper, Italian immigrants brought this recipe to the United States in the 1970s and variations to suit the taste and ingredient available in the United States. They are immigrants who have been struggling to earn money, that is the reason why there are so many versions of this dish in different forms of starch. Shrimp Scampi is the thing that reminds the sadness of those who live far away from hometown and always looking forward to traditional dishes to reduce the nostalgia of home.
Below is the set of ingredients and instruction to cook Shrimp Scampi. If everyone has any questions when making a dish, please comment below. Viknews.com will answer as soon as possible. Hope everyone enjoys this recipe!
Recipe for Shrimp Scampi
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 300 gram scampi
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 crushed onions
- 4 unsalted butter cubes
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 100 ml white wine
- 1 lemon
- Chopped celery
- Bread, Pasta, rice or egg noodles
- Boil a pot of water with a little extra cooking oil and salt, follow the cooking time print in the instruction on the package.
- When the water boils, put the noodles into the pot in an arc shape. Remember to sprinkle some oil to make noodles/pasta do not stick in each other and add little salt and paprika to increase the flavor.
- After the noodles are well cooked, you have to pour water out to drain noodles/pasta.
- Wash the scampi, peel and pick up shrimp’s veins.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of cooking oil and 3 – 4 cubes of unsalted butter. When the butter melts, add the garlic and chopped onion to the aroma of gold for about 2 minutes.
- Put the cleaned shrimp into a stir fry for about 2 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper and 1 teaspoon paprika, then mix well to infuse the seasoning.
- Pour into pan 100 ml white wine and cook until the alcohol evaporates almost. Add some chopped celery to increase the aroma and stir. Squeeze a little more lemon juice and cook for 1 minute.
- Reduce the medium heat, pour the cooked pasta/noodles and mix well to make the noodles soak up the sauce. Turn off the stove and present the plate.
Recipe for baked Scampi
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons of white wine.
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice.
- 1/2 cup of Panko.
- 1/4 cup of butter.
- 2 kg of scampi, peeled and deodorized.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped.
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground red pepper, or more, depending on your taste.
- Dietary salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley leaves.
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F. Add white wine and lemon juice to a baking dish; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine Panko and butter; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, olive oil, garlic and red chili with salt and pepper.
- Add scampi in a single layer to prepare grilled dishes. Sprinkle with Panko mixture.
- Place in oven and bake until golden brown and vibrant, in 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve immediately, decorated with parsley.
Hope everyone enjoys this recipe! Please enjoy the food immediately after cooking to enjoy the best taste. You can preserve food in the refrigerator up to twenty-four hours. Viknews.com will share with you more delicious recipes in the next articles.